Spring Wishlist 2015

Sunday 5 April 2015

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7

Spring is my favourite time of year; we get those summer vibes with occasional bursts of sun, wild flowers begin to bloom and it's that time to re-jig the home - out with the old and in with the new. My Scandi Spring Wishlist includes my must haves for SS15 and some items that I've already invested in.



1. The Bloomingville SS15 catalogue is a feast for the eyes. Beautifully styled, photographed and designed, it features lovely ornaments and illustrated flora. These delicate vases in particular have been at the top of my wishlist for quite some time. I've started my glassware collection with a few star buys from Stockholm, but I'm holding out for a big globe vase. Beautiful.

2. It's no secret that I'm prone to a framed typography print, but I recently came across 'Mist' by Silk Blonde. A lovely wishy washy blue fade. It's also a great piece to pair with other graphic and wordy prints for that statement feature wall.

3. I love the squashed shape of these Morrocon style baskets found on Bodie and Fou. A great way to make your storage a decorative item of the home. These also fit into the 'Ethnic Nordic' trend I recently talked about.

4. Cork is making a comeback and Amsterdam based, Puik Art are doing it bigger and better than ever. By combining with other materials, the Clork features a curved silhouette, simplistic design and minimal colour use. Puik Art have also designed stunning cork based, glass salt and pepper sellers. Practical, but also lovely ornaments for the table.

5. Originally designed by Arne Jacobson in 1973, these AJ letter cups have made a mighty comeback. With everyone wanting to get their hands on these charming lettered accessories. I think using them in the bathroom as a toothbrush holder would be a lovely alternative use.

6. Last season, it was the influx of speckled ceramic and Earthenware that was most favoured for the Autumnal Tabletop, but I love how this trend has evolved into enamelware. Bright splodgey speckles adorn cookware and enamel tableware. I'll be putting my order in soon.

7. I bought these spindly gold candlesticks from H&M Home last week and I feel they were a fab investment. Part of the AW 14 collection, they'll still work all year round. I especially like the geometric, framed bud of the holder meaning the gold isn't too overpowering. A lovely, delicate accessory for shelving, or an Easter table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs